Hello everyone and happy 2019!!!
I hope ya’ll had a fantastic 2018 — to kick things off I am starting the new year with a tutorial on the Crunch Stitch.
The Crunch Stitch will leave you with a gorgeous finished piece. It’s a great stitch for blankets and scarves. This looks like a complex stitch, but it is actually very beginner friendly!
Ok so if you’re ready then let’s begin!
- Yarn – Big Twist Yarn in the color Lilac
- Crochet Hook – 6.0mm (J/10) Polymer Crochet Hook from My Tattered Whimsies
- This stitch is worked in multiples of 2 + 1
- ST(s) – Stitch(s)
- CH(s) – Chain(s)
- SL ST – Slip Stitch
- HDC – Half Double Crochet
- Create your foundation chain. For this tutorial, I chained 12 +1 = 13
- Row 1: Skip the first 2 CHs. In the 3rd CH, *work a SL ST. 1 HDC in the next stitch. Repeat from the * until you have reached the end of your first row. In the very last CH work a SL ST. Turn your work and CH 2.
- Row 2:*SL ST into the next HDC. 1 HDC into the next SL ST. Repeat from * until you reach the end of the row. SL ST into the turning CH. Turn your work and CH 2.
Repeat Row 2 until you have reached your desired length and that’s it!
One of the big perks about this stitch is that it’s reversible. Which makes it a perfect stitch for blankets, shawls, scarves you name it. Because both sides of your work will come out looking beautiful.
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial, be sure to SUBSCRIBE to my blog for updates on new tutorials and other fun facts about Crocheting!
If you’d like to see a stitch tutorial that I haven’t added yet please don’t hesitate to leave me a comment below!